DIY Gift Guide for Tweens and Kids
This gift guide is for kids and tweens who would like to make their own handmade gifts, but don’t know where to start. These kits (in most instances) will include everything you need to create your own gift(s) and join the handmade revolution!
Some of these kits require adult supervision.
Please remember that these kits are to be used for PERSONAL USE ONLY. Resale of these items is strictly forbidden.
- This great little kit from Keep and Share will teach you how to crochet and you’ll end up with a table mat and coaster. From the artisan… “The kit includes everything you’ll need to get started – as well as the instructions, you get a chunky Brittany birch crochet hook and a 100g ball of our new ‘easy-knit’ Offcuts Yarn, a woolen cord yarn which is really easy to work with.”
- This Lip Balm Kit from Sakura Bath and Body provides fun and enough “makings” for eight tubes. From the artisan… “Create – Entertain – Nourish. With our Lip Balm Kit, you can do all three! Perfect for parties, scout troops, craft time, family time, or just for fun!!”
- Nature lovers will love this DIY Terrarium Kit from Warm Country Meadows. From the artisan… “This kit comes complete with a glass jar with a metal lid. I will send full assembling and care instructions along with your purchase.”
- This next kit is great for embroidery and encouraging written correspondence. Curious Doodles has several great embroidery kits. I’m highlighting the kit that comes with 5 different cards. From the artisan… “Stitchies are oh so tactile and will be treasured far longer than the usual electronic correspondence.”
- How cute is this kit from Kate Dowding… Make Your Own Sock Monster! From the artisan… “This kit is for beginners, but some hand sewing is needed so younger monster makers may need some help.”
- Goose Grease Undone offers five yo-yos to paint yourself. Combine with another of their paint kits and get ready to have some fun! From the artisan… “How about five nice old fashioned wooden yo-yos. comes ready to paint or just play.”
- The modern “Shrinky Dink”. Who knew this 1970s favorite would make a such a wonderful handmade comeback. This kit from Jessica Poundstone has everything you need to make your own suncatcher. From the artisan… “This kit contains everything you’ll need to make a one-of-a-kind suncatcher – an ornament for your window or wall – out of shrink plastic!”
- If you like “Scrabble Pendents” you love this DIY kit from Annie Howes. This kit contains supplies for six pendents. From the artisan… “This beautiful DIY Square Glass Pendant Kit has everything you need including a professionally prepared tutorial with photos and tips to make 6 gorgeous pendants!”
- Learning to weave with this kit from Rock Paper Stitch will be a breeze. From the artisan… “The sturdy handmade frame and metal pegs will last you a long time. The top and bottom edges are raised to keep the weaving lifted away from the frame. A water based varnish gives it a finished look. The kit ships with its own box for easy gift giving.”