Handmade Gift Guide for Older Kids and Teens
Today I’m featuring some handmade gift ideas for those crazy kids and teens in your life, hopefully they’re not on Santa’s naughty list. All these gifts suggestions are handmade, and because I have great taste… the artisans that I’ve featured have exceptional designs and products!
- Rubber Chicken Duct Tape Wallet. From the artisan… “Each of our wallets is hand-made with 100% duct tape. That’s right, no cloth, cardboard or animals were harmed during the construction of these products.” This classic billfold wallet has a large pocket for your cash, 4 credit card slots and 2 “behind the scenes” pockets. You can purchase this and other wallets from jDUCT on Etsy.
- Monkey iPod/iTouch/iPhone Case. From the artisan… “This monkey case is made of double layers of felt to keep your gadget safe from scratches.” This case measures approx. 4.7 x 3.1″ (12.3 x 8cm). It can be custom ordered to fit your device. You can purchase this case or others from Gadget Gear on Etsy.
- Bonnie Brown Bonnet. From the artisan… “It’s warm and light weight making it great for many seasons.” Knit from soft Alpaca sport yarn, this cute hat should fit most. You can purchase this lovely hat and other warm snugglies from Friendly Trees on Etsy.
- Gas Mask Hat and Ski Mask. From the artisan… “It is not intended for robbing a bank because everyone would ask you where you got it so they could get their very own wicked awesome hat.” The gas mask fleece hat and ski mask is *MADE TO ORDER* and perfect for the slopes – whether snowboarding or skiing. You can find this hat/mask combo or other great quirky finds at HiDee Bug Designs on Etsy.
- Personal Cupcake. From the artisan… “Isn’t it sweet? Perfect gift for your little cupcake.” This darling cupcake is designed with Precious Metal Clay and is set with your choice of a pink corundum cabochon or a lab-grown ruby. You can purchase this confection or many other delightful pieces from West Byron on Etsy.
- Felted Woolen Slipper Socks. From the artisan… “My slipper socks were a hit from the very first pair I knitted for my niece and all the nearly countless, colorful pairs that followed.” These slipper socks are made from pure wool and are ideal to keep your feet toasty warm and dry. You can purchase these wonderfully warm woolies and many others from Paw Felts on Etsy.
- Bigfoot versus Werewolf T-shirt. From the artisan… “An original one color silkscreen print designed and hand printed by me.” The t-shirts is printed on a 100% cotton American Apparel men’s/unisex fine jersey T-Shirt. Apparel shirts are super soft and comfortable shirts made in America and sweatshop free. You can purchase this t-shirt or other designs from Mis Nopales Art on Etsy.
- Nightmare Snatcher Journal. From the artisan… “The world can be a scary place, full of nightly noises, menacing monsters, and dreadful dreams. But not every monster wants to scare and terrify. With the help of a magical spell and an appetite for troubles, a monster can be your dearest friend.” The book measures a little over 5×7″ and has 100 pages (50 leaves) of French Paper company’s acid free parch-tone paper. You can purchase this monster or many others from The Spiderbite Boutique on Etsy.
- Pirate’s Box Game. From the artisan… “It is a challenging game of strategy. Wager on the outcome and it is back to the days of the pirates when treasure’s were won and lost at this game.” You get a wood game board that measures over 7″ square and 3/4″ thick solid wood, two “faux bone” dice, leather playing pieces, and a cloth bag to keep it all in. You can purchase this game from Q Branch, Ltd. on Etsy.
- Learn to Knit Kit. From the artisan… “The booklet was written by a librarian who has been teaching kids to knit for 10 years and includes easy to follow instructions and pictures.” This kit includes a skein of The Alpaca Yarn Company’s Snuggle, a pair of Peace Fleece Knitting Needles in size 10, a booklet with instructions, in a cotton bag. You can purchase this kit from Nightingale Fibers on Etsy.
This entry was posted on December 8, 2009 at 4:00 pm and is filed under Featured Shops/Artisans with tags alpaca, board game, case, cupcake, dice, duct tape, Etsy/Artfire, felt, felted slippers, fleece, game, gas mask, handmade, handsewn, hat, iphone, ipod, itouch, journal, learn to knit kit, monster, nightmares, personalized jewelry, pirates, PMC, precious metal clay, protector, rubber chicken, ski mask, socks, vegan, wallet, wool. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.