So Many …isms, Part 5
Today’s post will concentrate on Surrealism. Surrealism originated in the early 1900’s as a literary movement that experimented with a new mode of expression called automatic writing. The writers sought to release their unbridled imagination of the subconscious. At first Surrealist were reluctant to align themselves with visual artists. They believed that the processes of creating visual art was at odds with the spontaneity of their expression.
Some current artists who create Surrealism are below.
- Mass Media Victims I by Lena Yampolsky
- For Those Who Still Believe by Tendora Taneva
- Imagination by Archan Nair
- Persephone by Patricia Ariel
- Serefina’s Dream by Shawn Marie Hardy
- Ocean of Tears by Angelique Brunas