So Many …isms, Part 6
Today’s post is on Pop Art. Pop Art is a contemporary art movement that began in the mid 1950s. Pop Art usually consists of images of ordinary objects, mass produced common everyday items that most people like and recognize. It is also associated with the artists’ use of mechanical means of reproduction or rendering techniques (i.e. silk screening, commerical art, comic books panels).
Below are current artists who create Pop Art.
- Pop Art Portrait by Shauno
- Oh Brad by Chris Wahl
- Stolen Kisses by Jarrod Ranney
- Cocker Spaniel by Dean Russo
- Classic Car Collage by Diana Josephine
- Chance of Sprinkles Today by Carrie Gowran
- Stan Jr. by John W. Golden