So Many …isms, Part 8
Today’s topic is the Photorealistic style. Photorealistic paintings are based on photographs and are precise representations of the photo. Usually the painting is much larger in scale to the photograph.
The artist uses the camera and photograph to gather information. They use a mechanical or semimechanical (i.e projector or grid system) means to transfer the information to the canvas.
They also must have the technical ability to make the finished work appear photographic.
- Sky Ranch Motel by Fine Point Studio
- Speed Queen by Beth Barnett
- White Tulip by Alyson Jones
- Silver Still Life by Liz Gembarski
- Green and Turquoise by Carol Huddleston
- Sun Catchers by Elizabeth W. Gibson