2010 Handmade Gifts for Her
Today I’m featuring some handmade gift ideas for that special woman in your life. Shopping handmade contributes to local economies, gives the finger to the big corporate box stores, and often helps with recycling. Join the handmade movement and purchase handmade this year.
All these gifts suggestions are handmade, and because I have great taste… the artisans that I’ve featured have exceptional designs and products!
- The great thing about a beautiful vase is that you don’t even need flowers to enjoy it (but the flowers are nice too). This beautiful tulip vase was crafted by Nancy Monsebroten of White Earth Studio. From the artisan… “This handmade Tulip Vase was designed while yearning for spring. I tried to capture the feeling of a burgeoning Tulip bulb becoming a long awaited blossom.”
- How can she help but feel beautiful in this lovely lace hand knit cardigan. From the artisan… “A uniquely design cardigan that is chic for those winter days.” You can find this lovely sweater and many other lovely items at Sweet Knitting. Be sure to purchase early, as she is in Europe.
- Looking for something unique to express your love? A special proposal or extra special gift. Give the gift of jewelry designed just for you. At Holly McHone Jewelry you can find just that. I know from experience what an excellent designer and craftsman Holly is. Holly design our wedding rings. I cherish these rings even more because there is no other set like it in the world. Below is just a sample of a few things on Holly’s site. She will gladly help design something special just for you. From the artisan… “We happily collaborate with customers over the internet to create special jewelry. We share design ideas and images to design exactly what you want. We guarantee you’ll be happy with the product you receive.”
- So you like your coffee strong, but she prefers to sip a cup of freshly steeped tea. This teapot from Barb Campbell Ceramics is a great little surprise, and a wonderful unique item for collectors too. From the artisan,,, “Small hand-built teapot. Holds 8 fluid oz. Nice for a small pot of tea.”
- A beautiful nightgown which is both demure and sexy. This lovely chemise features delicate lavender embroidery on pleated cotton. This gown is handmade by Southron Creations. From the artisan… “This soft, flowing chemise works beautifully as either a nightgown or a Victorian undergarment!”
- How about a lovely botanical fragrance by Illuminated Perfume. This perfume contains no synthetic materials, it is completely organic. The Illuminate Perfume store also has sample sizes and gift certificates available. From the artisan… “Melodic notes of jasmine absolute with percussive beats of resinous amber and a flourish of citrus tops notes engage your senses.”
- I had to add one more item, though reluctantly because I want it for myself! But I just had to share this lovely stained glass panel from Bazaar Glass. The colors are just enchanting and would look lovely in any window. From the artisan… “A patchwork of cut glass pieces accented with shiny glass nuggets and a glass face in the sun.”