2010 Handmade Gifts for Older Kids and Teens
Today I’m featuring some handmade gift ideas for older kids and teens. Shopping handmade contributes to local economies, gives the finger to the big corporate box stores, and often helps with recycling. Join the handmade movement and purchase handmade this year.
All these gifts suggestions are handmade, and because I have great taste… the artisans that I’ve featured have exceptional designs and products!
- I wish wall decals had been around when I was growing up. What a fantastic way to change up a room without a lot of work and damage to walls! I’ve featured both a feminine and masculine design from Urban Walls. These are just two of the many designs available. From the artisan… “We can customize almost any wall decal for you. From a simple jpeg picture to a thought in your head, we can make your vision a reality on your wall.”
- Are your girls always looking for an inventive way to wear their hair? How about this headband with a great pop design from Janine Basil. Her shop is filled with lots of fun and funky headwear. From the artisan… “Wonderful new embroidered headband as part of my new line! This one features pop art inspired circles in red on black and lined in black. Can be worn to one side or on top of the head.”
- Who says all backpacks are basically the same? Check out this great backpack from Medium Control. And if teens/kids would like another style, there are other great styles. From the artisan… “This canvas backpack is lightweight and comfortable. It has one roomy main compartment, three front zippered compartments, plus two side pockets with elastic and tie-down straps. This small backpack is still roomy enough to fit most 15-inch laptops.”
- Start your kids on the handmade revolutions with a Do-It-Yourself kit. Stuck Together has put together this great magnet kit that includes everything needed to get started. From the artisan… “Are you crafty and like to try it yourself? This is a complete DIY Magnet Kit with materials to make 10 one inch magnets made the Stuck Together way.”
- Got a yo-yo enthusiast on your list? Even if you don’t, this wonderful yo-yo from Amazingly Rustic will make one. From the artisan… “his is a concave (butterfly style) profile wood yo yo turned from East Indian Rosewood. The string is fitted over a center bearing for smooth action.”
- Geeky or cool? What does it matter with this great t-shirt from Non-Fiction Tees. From the artisan… “Do you know your carbon footprint? Carbon is earth’s most abundant element and resource, and is continually recycled and reused through the biosphere and all organisms, and this unique science tee is part of that cycle!”
- Is she too cool for gloves or mittens? I’m sure she would warm up to these beautiful organic cotton fingerless gloves from Knot Original. From the artisan… “I knit this pair of fingerless gloves with an organic cotton yarn in the soft faded denim blue color of a perfect summer sky.”
- How about some crazy creative shoes? They’ll certainly stand out in a crowd with these hand-painted shoes from Ink Wear 99. From the artisan… “This is a pair of crazy eyes, tattoo inspired, custom designed shoes. We can change the color of the eyes or the background, to make a custom pair of shoes for you.”
- How about a total unique bangle bracelet. This great creation is from Alisa Burke. From the artisan… “Made from handmade and hand painted fiber beads. Boho inspired for anyone who wants to wear something totally unique and make a statement!”