2010 Gifts for Pets
Today I’m featuring some handmade gift ideas for dogs and cats. I admit it, we spoil our pets. They are our children. All of our pets (2 dogs, 2 bunnies and 1 cat) have their own stockings. And they all get at least one gift or stocking stuffer every year.
Shopping handmade contributes to local economies, gives the finger to the big corporate box stores, and often helps with recycling. Join the handmade movement and purchase handmade this year.
All these gifts suggestions are handmade, and because I have great taste… the artisans that I’ve featured have exceptional designs and products!
- Great for either cats or dogs, and an elegant tag from Make Your Dog Smile featuring their names and phone numbers. From the artisan… “The typewriter-font name and number rest on the southwest edge and the tag is hung on the diagonal. A clean, modern look with great lines for your furry buddy.”
- Your cat will be styling in the beautiful polka dot color from Collars by Design. From the artisan… “The collar comes with a breakaway buckle, split ring and removable jingle bell. The breakaway buckle comes apart easily if the collar gets caught on something, freeing your kitty.”
- Lets not leave out your dog pals. Here is a great lead coupler from Alaska Leash, allowing you to walk two dogs at once. Single leads are also available. From the artisan… “This rope is coated and thus protected by a durable dry treatment. This makes it resistant to grit, grime humidity, abrasion, and significantly extends the life of the rope.”
- This next gift from Mystic Knotwork will provide your dog with hours of fun. Great for chewing or tossing. From the artisan… “This cotton covered tennis ball is the perfect dog toy. Twirl it like David’s sling and throw it for your friend to retrieve. Made from a similar cord as commercial rope bones, this shape is better. Dog slobber goes on the ball, your hand stays clean on the rope.”
- And speaking of hours of entertainment. What’s better then a cat high on catnip? Entertainment for you and them. Check out these great catnip fish from Lowell and Son. From the artisan… “Contribute to your kitty’s catnip addiction with these catnip fish.”
- After all the exhausting play, your cat will need a great place to rest. What better then this cozy basket from CraftSmith’s Snuggle Beds. From the artisan… “Give your fur face a gift of nap! Your fuzzy one is sure to love this cuddly snuggle bed.”
- We can’t leave “man’s best friend” out of all this comfort. They’ll certainly enjoy this durable and personalized bed cover from Bow Wow Beds. From the artisan… “Our dog bed covers are made to order from durable, machine washable, 100% pure cotton duck canvas.”