Affordable Original Art… OSWOA
OSWOA what kind of weird bird is that? OSWOA actually stands for Original Small Works of Art. Like ACEOs, OSWOA has strict rules. All pieces must be originals, they must measure 4×6 or 6×4 (no exceptions). The goal of OSWOA is to be affordable (but no true of all pieces) and to fit into a photo sleeve or a 4 x 6 frame. Thus, making it easier for framing. All types of art can be an OSWOA, but if it is a photo, only ONE can be considered an original, all the rest are reproductions.
OSWOA is not a big movement at all. In fact, most artists don’t label their 4×6 art as OSWOA, making searching for it a little trickier. There is a group on EBSQ, a online community for self-representing artists, but for the most part searching needs to be done with the format size (4×6) or by original postcard. As with daily paintings, if you do a search on a search engine you will come up with a bunch of artists blogs using the OSWOA format.
Below are some wonderful original small works of art. As with all of my featured art/artists these are pieces I would purchase for myself or as a gift.
- Lighthouse in the Morning by King Bonk
- Clementine by Margaret Owen
- Cherries by Irina Sztukowski
- Patience by Madelaine Fedorowich of Squashed Toad
- My New Umbrella by Valentina of Caid
- Three Silly Birds by Kristina Verbitskaya of ioklaas
- A Koi Conversation by Erika Schulz of Tempest Studios
- Happy Clouds II by Danielle Olivyea Christian
- Charismatic Sunset by Karla Nolan