Exploring Art… Pencil Drawing
In drawing the applied media applied can be many things (pencil, charcoal, conté), but the method of application is a stick type object with a point (not a brush). The point of the stick can be fine or large. The base of the drawing can be paper, plaster, canvas, wood or basically anything that accepts the medium.
No one really knows when the art of drawing really began. People have made rock and cave drawings since prehistoric times.
While drawing is used by some artists are a preparation for paintings, others use it as the finished art piece. As with all fragile mediums, these drawings should be framed behind UV glass and kept out of direct sunlight.
Below are some wonderful original pencil drawings. As with all of my featured art/artists these are pieces I would purchase for myself or as a gift.
- Just Trying To Look Inconspicuous by Christy Schwathe
- Raven Crow by Carla Smale
- Dangerous Kitten Pileup by Jason Edward Davis
- A Rabbit for Easter by Tomara Maitra
- Years Past by Aaron Spong
- Spring Flower, Pink by Child Like Wisdom
- Curvy Goddess by Kristina Laurendi Havens
- Pink Fuschias by Joanna Bromley
- Dove Tree Leaf and Seed Pods by Gallery Botanica