Exploring Art… Pen and Ink
Pen and Ink is a drawing technique that uses black and colored inks. The pens can be dip, reservoir, fiber tip, markers and brushes. Inks can be used on many types of support medium, the most common is paper. This traditional and versatile media has been used since ancient-Egyptian times. Pen and ink can be used for sketches and/or finished drawings.
As with other artwork on paper. Pen and ink drawings should be framed behind UV glass for protection, and kept out of direct sunlight.
Below are some wonderful original pen and ink drawings. As with all of my featured art/artists these are pieces I would purchase for myself or as a gift.
- Latte by Cloudery
- Float by Jessica Doyle
- Pear Illustration by Doug Ashby
- He Would Attack Hidden in Trees by Dean Dyment
- Blackbird by Imogen Greene
- Moongazer 2 byRuth McCabe
- The Old Barn by Chris Weiermiller
- Zinnia Flower by Ronnie LaForet
- The Peacock by Ellies Box
- Two Ballerinas by Hillary C. Hempstead