Exploring Art… Functional Fiber Art
In a continuation from my previous post I will be featuring artisans who create functional fiber art. Functional fiber art is just that, functional. It can be wearable or usable in a myriad of manners. Functional fiber art is beautiful as well as functional.
Below are some wonderful original fiber arts. As with all of my featured art/artists these are pieces I would purchase for myself or as a gift.
- Silver Evening Handpainted Silk Scarf by Anna Yakubovskaya
- Fiber Art Jacket by Denise Sokolsky
- Lacy Gray Vest by Kate Ramsey
- Victorian Inspired Crocheted Lace Necklace by DaintyCrochet by Aly
- Textile Branch Necklace by Maria João Ribeiro
- Wee Play Baby Quilt by Vickie of Quilt Rhapsody
- Handwoven Rwandan Basket by Seka Rwanda
- Hand Embroidered Organic Cuff by Madrigal Embroidery
- Crayon Garden Handbag by Renate Kirkpatrick
- Irish Roses Woven Shawl by Esther of JazzTurtle Creations
- Lavender Dance by Gloria Kirk
- Lilac Hand-felted Cloche by Little Hill Wool Works
- Bridal Bouquet Muff/Clutch by Tiana Agapcheva