Single Subject/Many Mediums… Autumn Trees
When looking for art to purchase or feature I often chose a single subject and then look at how it is rendered across many different mediums by different artists. This is a great way to see not only the differences between mediums, but a range of styles. Looking at art this way is a good way to help zero in on what you’re looking for.
My second post in this series is about autumn trees. I love autumn and autumn art offers a wide variety of colors, subjects and mediums.
Below are some wonderful original pieces featuring autumn trees. All of these pieces are affordable. As with all of my featured art/artists these are pieces I would purchase for myself or as a gift.
- Autumn by Olena Baca. Painted on Arches Bright Cold Press 140 lb paper with professional grade watercolor paints.
- Novel Autumn Trees by Laurie Mitchell. This collage is made from hand cut vintage papers.
- Autumn River No. 1 by Paul Mitchell. Original pastel and chalk drawing.
- Autumn Hesitation by Adam Case Leestma. Hand printed woodcut 6/10
- Maple Tree Fiber Art by Kerry Grbich. This original fiber art is sewn on muslin with fabric leaves and framed in an embroidery hoop.
- The Red Carpet by Katya Horner. 8 x 10 photograph on metallic finish photopaper.
- Autumn Red by Anthony Soskich. Original oil on panel board.
- Through the Woods No. 6 by Lauren Gray. This original piece is a combination of pyrography (woodburning), casein paint and pencil.
- Coquihalla Autumn by Katya of The Blue Chisel. 13 x 14 hand pulled print Kat
- Autumnal Equinox by Sherie Myers. Original mandala illustration.
- Autumn by Beth and Mark Brickey. Three color silkscreen poster, printed with non-toxic water based ink, and printed on Springhill Index in Ivory 140# index stock.
- Robin Song by Ola Liola. Original watercolor painting.
- Autumns Alchemy by Irene Suchocki. Original signed fine art TTV (Through the Viewfinder) photograph.