Single Subject/Many Mediums… Chickadees
When looking for art to purchase or feature I often chose a single subject and then look at how it is rendered across many different mediums by different artists. This is a great way to see not only the differences between mediums, but a range of styles. Looking at art this way is a good way to help zero in on what you’re looking for.
My third post in this series is about Chickadees. As winter approaches the chickadees have arrived at my feeders. They always make me think of winter and the beauty that can be found in my own backyard.
Below are some wonderful original pieces featuring chickadees. All of these pieces are affordable. As with all of my featured art/artists these are pieces I would purchase for myself or as a gift.
- Chickadee on Pink and Ochre by Angela Moulton of Pratt Creek Art. Oil paint on stretched canvas.
- Memory by Melissa of Yellow Melle. Original mixed media painting using collage, crayons, pen, and acrylic on watercolor paper.
- Black Capped Chickadee by Anna See. Hand-carved linoleum print.
- Chickadee 15 by Boonie Murray. Hand pulled collograph.
- Little Chickadee Bird on Sky Blue Background by June Hunter. A signed art photography with antique textured background.
- The Bird Watcher by Bright Day. A set of four mix media artworks, a combination of digital painting and encaustic painting on wood panels.
- Quilled Chickadee in Flight by Sandra White. Quilled 8×10 in custom frame.
- Chickadee IX by Sue Darius. Oil on Canvas.
- Chickadee Card by Sugar Bush Press. Hand screen-printed on linen and cotton, mounted in deckle edge card.
- Black-capped Chickadee by Sandra Healy. Hand painted wood carving.
- Spring Green Chickadee Plate by Bill and Lynda Rudd of Gallery by Harvest Gold. Hand thrown pottery.
- Chickadee No. 1 by Annie Bailey of Paper and Canvas. Original illustration in pen, ink and watercolor on very thick watercolor paper.
- Bird in Hand by Stephanie Martin. Hand-printed copper etching, limited edition of 20.
- Hand Formed Pottery Chickadee by Carrie and Dean Wolf of Wolf Art Glass