2011 Handmade Gifts for Him
Once again Christmas is just around the corner and I will be featuring a series of blogs with gift ideas that are all handmade. Shopping handmade contributes to local economies, supports small business, and often helps with recycling. Join the handmade movement and purchase handmade this year.
Today I’m featuring some handmade gift ideas for that special man in your life. All these gifts suggestions are handmade, and because I have great taste… the artisans that I’ve featured have exceptional designs and products!
- I stumbled upon this little treasure on Etsy. Perfect for the guy who loves his billards. From the artisan… “”Trio of Pool Balls” Three pool balls. Oil paint on gessoed wood painting panel. Measurements 6″ x 6″. dark blue-gray abstract cloud background. Sides painted black to allow hanging framed or unframed.” You can purchase this painting or others from Aaron Wells at Aaron’s Little Painting.
- For the guy with a little adventure in his soul. From the artisan… “This new vintage sailing ship design is printed in ivory on a men’s regular-fit short-sleeve pigment-dyed navy destroyed tee. Collar, sleeve and bottom hems are ground with a special machine to create a uniquely worn and deconstructed look.” You can purchase this shirt or others from Banyan Tree Clothing.
- For the guy who is on the road, how about this personalized leather toiletry bag. From the artisan… “This roomy bag is constructed of soft, rich, top grain leather. It is fully lined in a water resistant nylon pack cloth which makes it easy to clean with a damp cloth. Embellished with a clean, classic line of top stitching or embroidered initials.. You can pick up this little ditty bag from Felix Street Studio.
- For the outdoorsman in your life, a beautifully hand carved Harlequin Drake decoy. From the artisan… “The Harlequin drake measures 16″ Long, by 6″ Wide, by 5″ High. Each piece is individually hand carved from Canadian White Pine, finished with semi-transparent stain then sealed with a water based finish, eyes inserted, signed and dated.” You can purchase this wonderful creature or many other birds from Robert Kelly Carvings.
- A great gift idea for the hardworking guy. From the artisan… “Here’s a few things you should know about Sam’s Natural™ 1} We make products that solve everyday problems; 2} We ensure our products do what we say that are going to do; 3} We formulate our products without the use of anything artificial; 4} We focus on making our products affordable for the common man; 5} We want you to enjoy our products. You can purchase the Working Mans Hygiene Kit and others from Sam’s Natural.
- For the newlywed husband, new dad, or just because… this truly simple and beautiful necklace, handstamped with important dates, names or message. From the artisan… “So simple ..modern..beautiful sterling silver bar on leather cord.” You can order this personalized piece from SimaG.
- Rustic and beautiful at the same time. A perfect chess set for the player in your life. From the artisan… “Made with 2 inch Ebony stained Maple wood spaces and trim. The inlay light spaces are made with 3/8 inch thick slices from many trees including Orange,Poplar,Pine,Red Maple,Crimson Bottlebrush,Red Oak,Cedar,Walnut,Apple,Elm, Grape vine ,Cypress and others” You can purchase this chess set from NaturalChess.etsy.com.
- What every man needs, a good wallets. But even better, handmade and unique. From the artisan… “This leather card holder is hand-cut and hand-stitched from natural leather without use of any machine which gives it a very simple but unique look you will treasure to years to come.” You can purchase this wallet or other handmade leather items from Leather Mix.
All photography are property of their respective owners. Used for illustrative purposes only.