2011 Handmade Gifts for Her
Today I’m featuring some handmade gift ideas for the women in your life. Shopping handmade contributes to local economies, supports small business, and often helps with recycling. Join the handmade movement and purchase handmade this year.
All these gifts suggestions are handmade, and because I have great taste… the artisans that I’ve featured have exceptional designs and products!
- Does she have a fun and funky personality? Or does she just love hats? From the artisan… “This hat has some fun fabric with lots of colors and lines. It is Made with pure merino wool, and cotton fabric. Merino wool fibers are spread thinly upon a cotton fabric. The result is a light, soft and warm hat.” This unique hat any many others are available from Jannio.
- Does she dream of walking the lavender fields of Provence? Here is the perfect little gift for her a wonderful original painting of oak trees and lavender fields. From the artist… ” These small paintings look great on a mantel, coffee table or hung on a wall.” You can purchase this painting or other little gems from Robert Frank.
- Boldly beautiful and yet functional. These ceramic nesting ranunculus flower bowls are perfect for the flower lover. From the artisan… “These Nesting Ranunculus Bowls have a fun, geometrical feel, and an Art Deco look that I find very appealing. They are completely functional for serving food while also creating a beautiful centerpiece for your dining or living room.” You can find these bowls and many others from Whitney Smith.
- These handmade earrings are truly unique, no two pieces of pottery alike. From the artisan… ” These earrings each feature a piece of crackled beach pottery found on the banks of the River Thames, London. These are one of a kind – each piece of pottery is set in a custom made sterling silver bezel – all hand made by me. ” You can buy these are many other unique pieces from Moon Fly Silver.
- This oh-so-beautiful shawl is perfect for any woman. Lovely, dreamy and warm to boot. From the artisan… “Very thin, lightweight, soft and tender cobweb shawl /scarf made from the natural Beige Alpaca wool and hand dyed with natural dyes in golden shades Mulberry Silk fibers using wet felting technique. This combination of a lustrous silk and luxurious fibre produces a unique effect and a soft silky feel.” You can purchase this shawl or other lovely felted pieces from French Felt.
- For the girl whose on the go, a beautiful tote, briefcase, purse, catch-all. From the artisan… “Like all Mims bags, the FAT PACK is an original Mims design. The FAT PACK is handmade, one at a time, with care, and attention to detail. These bags are made to last!” You can purchase the Fat Pack or many other styles from Mims.
- I love the thought put behind these robes (be sure to read the full description on the listings). Even though it is a traditional Christmas gift, it doesn’t have to be dull and drab. From the artisan “We gave a lot of thought in creating these beautiful, hand sewn robes.” This robe and other lengths and fabric can be found at Underwrapz.
- For the nature lover, a pair of subtle birch bark earrings. From the artisan… “Sterling silver earrings are hand cut, textured oxidized and buffed.” You can purchase these earrings and other lovely nature inspired jewelry from Jasmine Virani.