2011 Handmade Stocking Stuffers for Women
As we creep closer and closer to Christmas, another post with wonderful ideas for stocking stuffers for the women in your life. They will, of course, all be handmade and at a reasonable price.
- For the woman who still loves to jot off a note or two these beautiful letterpress peacock note cards from Sweet Harvey. From the artisan… “Send a hint of spring with these lovely letterpress flat notes! Hand drawn illustration by artist Brandi Powell. Each card is individually hand printed on one of our antique presses.”
- For the one who always runs hither and yon from dawn to dusk, a hot/cold therapy wrap from The Ferris Wheel. From the artisan… “Just pop our microwave heating pad wrap in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes and you’ll experience 30+ minutes of warm moist heat. A few hours in the freezer turns the microwave heating pad into a cold pack. Works great as a neck wrap or for any other aches and pains you can think of.”
- Sweets for your sweetheart. From Esther Aguirre comes these decadent Raspberry Truffles. From the artisan… “We make these truffles, with raspberry jam made from organic raspberries from our backyard. We incorporate it in the chocolate ganache… they are terrific!”
- Pamper her in style with a bath and body gift set from Chicago Honey Co-op. From the artisans… “Our Bath and Body Gift Set is our luscious 10 oz Honey Sugar Body Scrub and Moisturizing Body Bar combined in a sparkling organza bag. A complex blend of essential oils combined with our own raw honey, sugar crystals and jojoba oil make up the Honey Sugar Body Scrub. The body bar is a solid body moisturizer made with our own beeswax, cocoa butter, palm oil and sweet almond oil.”
- Give her the gift of a beauty for the next 12 months. Not only is this calendar from Alicia Bock useful, but when the month is finished, she can frame the wonderful photo to hang permanently. From the artisan… ” This calendar features 12 playful photographs… memories of our favorite days. Professionally printed on high quality iridescent, pearl card stock for extra thickness and durability. You will love the way they sparkle in the light!”
- For those chilly walks in the moonlight with your sweetheart, a pair of felted mittens from Whimsie Dots. From the artisan… “These mittens have come out of a love affair with felted wool. The wool in this pair of mittens has been felted making it a very thick, soft and warm material. The wool has been recycled from sweaters, all recycled fabrics are in excellent condition. This pair has a been made from an elegant cream sweater and appliqued with subtle floral blooms in innocent muted colors. They are lined in a cream fleece. “