Today I’m featuring some handmade gift ideas for younger kids. Shopping handmade contributes to local economies, supports small business, and often helps with recycling. Join the handmade movement and purchase handmade this year.
All these gifts suggestions are handmade, and because I have great taste… the artisans that I’ve featured have exceptional designs and products!
- For the new baby in your family a group of toys designs to enchant for years. From the artisan… “This is the perfect first gift set for any baby in your life!…the hit of any baby shower! It includes three wonderful items that are hand-crafted out of beautiful cherry and walnut hardwoods, sanded smooth, and finished with our homemade beeswax wood finish. And you SAVE when you buy them together!” You can purchase this toy set or many others from A Summer Afternoon.
- Great for traveling with your young one, a Crayon Wallet. The wallet includes crayons, paper, chalk and chalk board in one great package. From the artisan… “Perfect for your little Picasso in restaurants, on planes, in the car, doctor’s offices, or anywhere you travel. Say good-bye to searching for floating crayons in the bottom of your bag. Folds up compactly and fastens securely with the grosgrain ribbon tie.” The G is for Giraffe wallet or many others are available from Lil B Designs.
- Get them out and jumping with this beautiful cotton jump rope. From the artisan… “Our 1-person jump ropes are 8 feet long and feature strong, intricately knotted handles. We use safe, water-based procion dyes that will not fade or run. If desired, you can wash them in the washing machine and hang them up to dry. They are practically indestructible.” You can purchase this rope and other colors and lengths from Jupiter’s Child.
- Got a stubborn child who never wants to wear mittens. These cute frog mittens should soften them up. From the artisan… ” Although our products are all one of a kind, we will remain as true as possible to the sample color schemes in the initial picture shown above.” These mittens and other one of a kind hats, scarfs, plushies and more are available from Cate and Levi.
- A special doll for a special girl. From the artisan… “Nora is 18″ tall with hand-embroidered features and some lovely hand-sewn details. She is lightly filled to keep her soft and cuddly. Her clothing and accessories were inspired by the warmth and glow of late spring.” You can purchase Nora or one of her other friends from Goodbye Blue Monday.
- He’s crazy for dinosaurs? Let him become one with this great fleece hat. From the artisan… “This green fleece dinosaur hat roars with creative energy and excitement. Functional fun, for the best gift of all. Incredibly warm with two layers of fleece, complete with earflaps.” You can purchase this hat and other designs from Moon Stone Designs.
- Unique one of a kind sweaters for your favorite girl. From the artisan… “Beautifully handmade recycled upcycled eco friendly wool sweater. Gray Wool with Pink Posies.This whimsical little gray sweater cardigan with pink posies and lime green leaves/stems, blanket stitched in light pink with a loop and button.” You can purchase this sweater or other one of a kind sweaters from Vintage Creek Sparrow.
- Your dragonslayer will surely need a mighty sword. From the artisan… “Made of Maple with a leather sheath and linen strap. The sword measures 19″ long and the strap is approximately 55″ inches long. Perfect size for your little knight!” You can purchase this sword and sheath from Birch Leaf Designs.
All photographs are property of their respective owners. Photos used for illustrative purposes only.